[GUIDE] NPC Lines

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
wataru14
Guide Writer

[GUIDE] NPC Lines

Post by wataru14 »

Here it is. The dialogue lines for the random NPCs in towns and castles. It does not include shopkeepers, the random lines by named characters, or the secret scenes (like entering Teien before the Battle of Garan). Although I have those, too, and may add them later.

GREGMINSTER PALACE

Second Floor Hall

LEFT THRONE ROOM GUARD
- [Before audience]: Y-you're... General Teo's son. Ah, your name was… I'm so sorry. I'm not used to this job yet.
- [After audience]: The audience is over. Be off… I mean, please be on your way. Phew! Got that one right.
RIGHT THRONE ROOM GUARD
- [Before audience]: Master [HERO], son of General Teo. Could you please wait a little longer in the waiting room?
- [After audience]: The audience with the Emperor is over. Please depart.
MAID
- [Before audience]: Master [HERO], there is still some time before your audience with the Emperor. Please wait with your father, General Teo.
- [After audience]: Why, Master [HERO]. Was Lady Windy at the audience, too?

First Floor Armor Room

LEFT SOLDIER
- [Before audience]: Say, you're General Teo's son! How you've grown!
- [After Teo leaves]: Why, Young Master, you'd better hurry over to Commander Kraze's room.
- [After Kanaan takes Ted]: 'Off to Rockland next? Sounds quite tough! It is located east of Gregminster, way out in the boonies. But all this is for the good of the Empire. Good luck.
MIDDLE SOLDIER
- [Before audience]: Hey, kid, where did you come from? The Emperor is upstairs and Commander Kraze's room is next door.
- [After Teo leaves]: So you're the Great General Teo's little boy? Good luck to you.
- [After Magician’s Island]: How was it? It was an easy assignment, wasn't it?
RIGHT SOLDIER
- [Before audience]: Ha ha! Just look at these shiny boots. I've dreamed of joining the Imperial Guard since I was a little kid.
- [After Teo leaves]: A runt like you is a member of the Imperial Guard? What's the world coming to?
- [After Magician’s Island]: B-big deal! Don't act like a big shot just because your father's a Great General.

First Floor Hall

SOLDIER
- [Before audience]: Something's going on up north. But there's nothing to worry about if General Teo's going there.
- [After Magician’s Island]: Not just General Teo, but all the Five Great Generals have left the capital. I smell bloodshed.
RIGHT MAID
- [Before audience]: How wonderful it is that you'll be working under His Majesty the Golden Emperor, Barbarosa. It’s like a dream come true.
- [After Magician’s Island]: Reputation and reality are really two different things. Those Imperial Guardsmen are so arrogant!
LEFT MAID
- [Before audience]: Lady Windy, the new Court Magician, bears quite a resemblance to the late Lady Claudia.
- [After Magician’s Island]: His Majesty seems to like Lady Windy very much. How wonderful!
LEFT DOOR GUARD
- [Before audience]: Oh, Master [HERO]. Is your audience with the Emperor over?
RIGHT DOOR GUARD
- [Before audience]: Don’t wander around too much, Master [HERO], or your father will worry.

Stables

WOMAN
- [Futch is not present]: What's the matter with that dirty old Kraze? Staring at me with those nasty eyes. I don't like that fat assistant commander, either.
- [Futch is present]: I was looking forward to meeting a real Dragon Knight, and this punk shows up. What a drag!

Courtyard

SOUTH SOLDIER
- [Before Teo leaves]: Hey, kid, did you see General Teo pass just now? It sure is exciting to be in the capital! What? You're his son? Really?
- [After Teo leaves]: Excuse me, but aren't you General Teo's son? You're working for the Imperial Guard now? General Teo must be proud of you!
- [After Magician’s Island]: Master [HERO], how are you? Have you gotten used to your new job?
NORTH SOLDIER
- They say the real reason for General Teo's trip is to put down the rebels. They call themselves The Liberation Army, but they're nothing but traitors. I'll finish them someday. Ha ha ha.
MAID
- [Before Teo leaves]: Do you know that Lady Leknaat, who lives on Magician's Island, is not at all inferior to Lady Windy? Two sisters, both beautiful! The world really is unfair.
- [After Teo leaves]: Goodness, look at me. I got covered with mud over at the stables. The stables? They're just ahead.
- [After Magician’s Island]: If Lady Windy and Lady Leknaat are sisters, why don't they live together? Maybe they don't get along.

GREGMINSTER CITY

MAN BY TEO’S MANSION
- You there! What are you doing around here? This is the home of the Imperial General Teo McDohl. W-w-what? You're General Teo's son? E-excuse my rudeness, sir!
MAN BY RUNEMASTER
- Have you ever heard of Rune Crystals? You can have them attached to you by a Runemaster. That gives you magical powers.
WOMAN
- I'm from a village to the east called Rockland. I seem to have lost my way. Could you please tell me where Master Milich lives? What! Is-is that it? That ugly… I mean… unique house? Th-thank you very much.
OLD MAN
- It's so beautiful here. Gregminster was virtually destroyed during the seven-year War of Succession. Yet now it's so beautiful. All thanks to the Emperor. Bless him! Bless him!
MAN BETWEEN HEDGES
- With so many country bumpkins wandering about, the capital is going down the drain. Don't you agree?
MAN NEAR HOUSES
- Wow. So this is Gregminster, the Imperial Capital. Sure is different from my home town in the boonies.
SOLDIER BY APPRAISER
- They say there are excellent Blacksmiths in Lenankamp. A friend of mine brags about the blade he had sharpened there. Maybe I should go there to have my sword sharpened.
SOLDIER BY INN
- Take a look at this urn. Heh heh heh. I didn't think it was worth anything because it was left behind by a furball. But when I had it appraised, wow! It turned out to be a Celadon Urn. Lucky for me.

Sonya’s House

MAID
- Ever since she heard about General Teo's northern assignment, Lady Sonya has not looked well.

Item Shop

MAN: I wouldn't shop here if I were you. You'll get cheated.
SHOPKEEPER: Shut up! If you're getting in the way of my business, get out! Get out of here!

Milich’s House
MAN
- [Before Magician’s Island]: What is Master Milich up to? If he doesn't hurry, he'll miss his audience with the Emperor. Master Milich! It's time to go!
- [After Magician’s Island]: He's late departing for the west, yet Master Milich is still choosing his clothes.
- [After Kanaan takes Ted]: Master Milich has gone west to quell the insurgency.

Hose West of Appraiser

MAN
- I miss those days seven years ago. The Emperor was a wonderful person back then. But now…

Inn First Floor

SOLDIER #1
- [First time]: Oh, you've come at the perfect time. You can help us decide. Decide what? Who do you think is the most powerful of the Six, I mean, Five Great Generals?
- [Second time]: You guys just don't understand. The most powerful general is most certainly General Teo McDohl, victor of a hundred out of a hundred battles. Don't you agree?
SOLDIER #2
- Lady Sonya Shulen, Commander of the Imperial Navy. Not only a swordswoman, but a magician as well. And beautiful, to boot. Lady Sonya is the greatest. Don't you agree?
SOLDIER #3
- General Kasim Hazil, the best swordsman among the Five. The greatest swordsman is the greatest general, of course.
SOLDIER #4
- Who's the greatest general? General Kwanda Rosman, of course. He's defended Emperor Barbarosa countless times. General Kwanda is a truly great soldier. I admire him.
SOLDIER #5
- 'I think General Milich, the Flower General, is powerful, too. Top-class experise in swordsmanship and magic, and always so well-dressed.
ARMORED SOLDIER
- [After fleeing Teo’s Mansion]: I just can't believe that General Teo's son was a member of the rebels.
SOLDIER
- [After fleeing Teo’s Mansion]: Go away. I'm exhausted after manning the lookout all night.

Inn Second Floor

MAN IN NORTHEAST ROOM
- So this is the Imperial Capital of Gregminster? It's worlds away from the poor village I was raised in.
MAN IN SOUTH ROOM
- 'Hey, how about accompanying me on a journey? Travel is fun. Unseen vistas, new friends, and romance. 'Yeah, let's go! Well then… Now that we're fellow travelers, I'd be grateful if you'd pay my bill for me.
MAN IN SOUTHEAST ROOM
- 'Capital, my foot! Living the high life all by themselves on our hard-earned taxes!

ROCKLAND

MAN
- [Before Final Battle]: What? That's right, this is Rockland. It's called Rockland because, except for the rocks, it's a barren land.
- [With Kanaan following]: Yeah, I know the place. The Military Commander's house is all the way up there. Grady's his name. A real scoundrel!
- [After Final Battle]: Rockland has always been full of rocks. That's why it's called 'Rockland.'
BOY
- [Before Final Battle]: Big Brother. Are you an Imperial Army soldier? You're not, are you? I knew it because you didn't hit me.
- [After Final Battle]: The Imperial soldiers have gone away. They've finally, finally, gone away.
GIRL
- [Before Final Battle]: I saw them, I saw them. It's true. The bandits have returned to Mt. Seifu in the east. That's where they're hiding out.
- [After Final Battle]: All the bandits are gone, and the Imperial soldiers are gone, too. I wonder why.

House by Entrance

BOY
- [Before Final Battle]: I'm hungry. Terribly.
- [After Final Battle]: I know. I get plenty to eat now because the Imperial Army doesn't take our food anymore.
WOMAN
- [Before Final Battle]: No matter how hard we work, life gets worse and worse. All because of that bum Gre… Oops, that was close. Just forget what I said. Ha ha ha ha…
- [After Final Battle]: Grady ran away and hasn't been seen since. Good riddance.
MAN
- [Before Final Battle]: They say a new Emperor came to power some years ago, but out here in this country village it makes no difference who's Emperor.
- [After Final Battle]: The Emperor is dead. The Empire is no more. But Rockland will remain Rockland, as ever. Nothing changes here.

Armory

MAN
- [Before Final Battle]: You didn't need to carry a weapon last year. But nowadays, it's getting so dangerous around here.
- [After Final Battle]: I'm sick of this war.
WOMAN (speak to her from behind the counter)
- [Before Final Battle]: How about it, sir, why not buy one? I'll give you a good price.
- [After Final Battle]: How about it, sir, why not buy one? I'll give you a good price. As a souvenir, perhaps.

House East of Inn

WOMAN
- [Before Final Battle]: Who are you? We have no food! THEY take it away as fast as we prepare it!
- [After Final Battle]: Who the hell are you?? Hey, you're the leader of the Imperial Army! [HERO], right?
MAN
- [Before Final Battle]: Could it be that you're the Imperial Army? What's going on in this world? Life used to be so much better. What's the matter with Emperor Barbarosa?
- [After Final Battle]: Could it be that you're the Imperial Army? Good luck to you. Don't become like the Empire.

Inn

OLD MAN
- What do you want? I'd prefer not to be distubed while I'm enjoying this stuff.
- [With Kanaan following]: Fine scenery and a bit of food make tea taste better. Boorish Imperials make tea taste lousy.
- [With Kanaan following, after bandits]: If you're done with your business, get out!
LEFT INNKEEPER
- Tea, honey tea, green tea, fire tea, we've got it all. But you're a bit young for that stuff.
- [With Kanaan following]: Sorry, but we're all out of tea.
KANAAN: Then what's all that you've got lined up there?!
Ha ha, this stuff isn't fit to be served to Imperial bigwigs.
MAN IN BEDROOM
- What are you looking at? Something on my face? If you find me handsome I'm inclined to agree with you.
- [With Kanaan following]: Wow, what a cool outfit. Imperial Guard, right? Wow… wow!
- KANAAN: Ha ha ha… that's right.
Wow, you're so lucky. Are you so fat because you get to eat well?
- [With Kanaan following, after bandits]: Wow, wow! I heard that you captured the bandits! Wow!
- KANAAN: Ha ha ha. That's right.
Wow, and you don't even realize you're being fooled. Wow!

LENANKAMP

MAN BY RUNEMASTER
- [Before Final Battle]: If you’re spending the night, I recommend the Keyaki Inn. It's just down the street.
- [After Final Battle]: If you’re spending the night, I recommend the Keyaki Inn. There's a pretty girl working there.
MAN BY BRIDGE
- [Before Final Battle]: Is it true that General Teo went north? War is bad for business.
- [After Final Battle]: They say the war's about to end. Maybe I'll go stock up on some merchandise.
MAN BY SMITHY
- [Before Odessa’s death]: Occasionally you see a suspicious bunch of people go into the Keyaki Inn and never come out. When do you suppose they leave?
- [After Odessa’s death]: So the Liberation Army had a hideout here. Had I known, I'd have joined up with them.
- [After Final Battle]: Keep it up! The Liberation Army is nearly victorious! Odessa will be avenged.
SOLDIER
- [Before fleeing Gregminster]: I received information that the Liberation Army has a hideout in this town, but… I wonder if it was a lie.
- [After fleeing Gregminster]: The say some traitors are on the run. It's not you guys, is it?
- [After Sarady]: Heh heh. I knew the Liberation Army's hideout had to be here. Bet the traitors are all rounded up by now.
- [After Odessa’s death]: The Liberation Army is finished. Things should quiet down now.
- [After Final Battle]: The Imperial Army is finished.

Meg’s House

MEG’S MOTHER
- [Without Meg]: You're not from hereabouts, are you? We have a daughter named Meg. If you ever run into her, please tell her to come home once in a while.
- [With Meg]: Meg, be careful.
MEG’S FATHER
- [Without Meg]: Damn that tomboy, Meg. "Adventure calls" indeed. Making her folks worry like this.
- [With Meg]: Hope you find a husband, Meg.

Inn First Floor

MAN
- [Before Final Battle]: Now that I've got plenty of stuff, where shall I take it? East to Rockland? Or maybe west, past Mt. Tigerwolf, to Sarady? Oh well, wherever I go, I'll be making a bundle.
- [After Final Battle]: All that good stuff taken by bandits. I'm penniless again.

Inn Second Floor

MAN
- [Before Krin scene]: Damn. I was out for just a bit, and someone broke into my room. I've lost my life's savings…
- [After Krin scene]: You! I knew you were tight with that thief!

Liberation Army HQ

BOY
- [After Final Battle]: Hey, where’s that lady?

FORTRESS OF KWABA

LEFT GUARD
- [Before Final Battle]: The commander here, Ain Gide, is an old friend of General Teo.
RIGHT GUARD
- [Before Final Battle]: The Fortress of Kwaba and the Shasarazade floating fortress are the Empire's ultimate defenses. As long as they're secure, the Empire remains safe.

SARADY

BOY
- I can't wait to grow up, so I can help my father.
MAN
- Say, I've never seen you around here. How are things down below? Living in a place like this, you lose track of what's going on in the world.

Northeast House

MAN
- Hey, heard the latest? They say that Odessa, the leader of the Liberation Army, is a 9-foot giant.

Item Shop

MAN
- Grandma's senile. She talks about the Emperor all day.
OLD WOMAN
- I once met the Emperor. He's a wonderful man. He even had kind words for a lowly old woman like me.

SEIKA

WOMAN
- [Before Zombie Dragon]: Children grow up even without their parents, I suppose. Says "Master Mathiu, Master Mathiu" all day and never listens to me.
- [After Zombie Dragon]: Where could Master Mathiu have gone? He was such a good teacher. My kid misses him.
MAN
- My hobby's fishing, and I often go to Kaku to fish. It's just a ways southwest of here.

Mathiu’s House

RIGHT BOY
- [Before Mathiu]: I really like Master Mathiu, but he gives out so much homework.
- [After Zombie Dragon]: Maaaster Mathiuuu. I finished my homework… so please come back.
GIRL
- [Before Mathiu]: Guess what? But don't tell anyone. I've decided to marry Master Mathiu.
- [After Zombie Dragon]: I wish Master Mathiu would come back. I want to marry him!
BOY BY WALL HANGING
- [Before Mathiu]: Master Mathiu? He's out for a walk.
- [After Mathiu returns to the house]: Gee, Master Mathiu. You looked so scary that time!
- [After Zombie Dragon]: I wish Master Mathiu would come back. Maybe he'll return if I finish my homework.

Runemaster

MAN
- I thought I was lucky to get a crystal, and it turns out it's damaged. I thought I'd be able to use magic, too.

Inn

GIRL
- [Before Zombie Dragon]: Hey, who are you? Are you a friend of that spoiled brat, Sheena? He's been so obnoxious lately.
- [After Zombie Dragon]: You're the leader of the Liberation Army? You're lying, aren't you?
MAN
- They say the Imperial forces attacked the Liberation Army's hideout. But Lady Odessa's apparently safe. As long as she's alive, everything's OK.

KAKU

MAN BY ARMORY
- [Before Mathiu]: This is Kaku, the town where fishermen gather.
- [Before Zombie Dragon]: Say what? Take you to Toran Castle? You've got to be kidding. There are monsters there.
- [After Zombie Dragon]: That castle on Toran is now called [CASTLE] Castle and it's the headquarters of the Liberation Army. Pretty cool name, eh?
OLD MAN
- [Before Mathiu]: Hey fella, this town is full of rough characters. Better not hang around.
- [Before Zombie Dragon]: Castle of Toran? The home of the fog-monster? Only a fool would ever go there.
- [After Zombie Dragon]: Now that the fog's lifted, we can fish in peace.
MAN BY DOCKS
- [Before Mathiu]: Can you see that foggy area across the lake? There's an ancient castle out there. People say it's haunted.
- [Before Zombie Dragon]: Gimme a break, will ya? The only one with enough guts to go there is "Reckless Tai Ho."
- [After Zombie Dragon]: That Tai Ho's got guts.

Tavern

BARTENDER
- [Before Camille]: This place is for paying customers. If you're not going to order, get out.
- [Between Camille and Tai Ho]: What is it? Are you friends of Tai Ho? He's downstairs.
- [After Tai Ho]: Go to the Castle of Toran? What's got into Tai Ho?

Flik’s Soldiers

SOLDIER BY INN
- Is it true that… Lady Odessa?
SOLDIER BY ITEM SHOP
- We escaped from the hideout and headed west, but Milich and his gang came after us.
SOLDIER IN SOUTHEAST
- Is that castle across the lake our new hideout? Come on, Flik, don't be stubborn.
SOLDIER IN WEST
- Our Liberation Army may be small, but someday… That's what Odessa always said.
LEFT DOOR GUARD
- Flik is inside. He's in shock.
RIGHT DOOR GUARD
- I agree with Flik. I'll never accept you as our leader.

KOUAN

MAN
- [Before recruiting Lepant]: This here village of Kouan survives thanks to Master Lepant. Yet that new military commander…
- [After recruiting Lepant]: Hooray for Lepant. He kicked that Commander Kraze right out.

Southeast House

MAN
- [Before recruiting Lepant]: Lately Master Lepant has been keeping to himself, and refuses to see anyone.
- [After recruiting Lepant]: I heard that Master Lepant joined the Liberation Army. Him too.
WOMAN
- [Before recruiting Lepant]: If you cross the Imperials, there's no telling what they'll do. That new commander seems pretty mean, too.
- [After recruiting Lepant]: This village never needed a military commander anyway.

GREAT FOREST (HUMAN)

MAN BY ENTRANCE
- It's true! I really saw an elf! Aw shucks, nobody believes me…
MAN BY FOREST
- Up ahead is the Great Forest. Even we don't set foot in there. It's like a huge maze.

Inn

WOMAN
- Can you believe it? He says there are elves beyond the woods. He says he's seen one. Funny, isn't it?

VILLAGE OF THE ELVES

MAN IN SOUTHWEST
- To the north are the Dwarf Mines, to the south Kwanda Rosman's castle. They both want our land.
WOMAN
- Why it's Kirkis. Say, your friends, aren't they…
MAN IN CENTER
- Hey Kirkis, I'm surprised you got back in one piece. After all, you're a coward who disappears before a battle.

Inn

MAN IN BED
- Ahhh. That wound he gave me throbs.

Western House

WOMAN
- Kirkis, you're back. How was it? What? Human help?

Left-Hand Eastern House

WOMAN
- If my husband were around, we Guardians of the Forest would never lose.
MAN
- Kwanda lives in Pannu Yakuta Castle, south of the woods. Next time we'll go get him.

Right-Hand Eastern House

WOMAN
- Did you know that these creatures up north called dwarves catch elves and eat them? Scary, eh?
MAN
- We elves never lose, unlike those dirty dwarves and stupid kobolds.

Chief’s House

GUARD #1
- [Before arrest]: Kirkis, don't tell me you believe what that human woman tells you.
GUARD #1
- [Before arrest]: Kwanda Rosman, one of the Five Great Imperial Generals, is the true enemy of the "Guardians of the Forest."
GUARD #1
- [Before arrest]: The kobolds switched sides and joined the Imperials. They're double-crossers.
GUARD #1
- [Before arrest]: Phew! Kirkis, you smell like humans.

DWARF VAULT

GUARD
- [Before mission]: Who the hell are you? Dirty humans and elves aren't allowed here!
- [After mission]: Good luck. You'll need it.

VILLAGE OF THE DWARVES

MAN NEAR INN
- Oh my, it's amazing for humans to get here safely.
BOY NEAR WINDMILL
- This windmill generates the power of thunder and lightning. It's said to be one of the dwarves' secret teachings.
MAN IN NORTHEAST
- Hey there, have you been sharpening your weapons? If you haven't, you'll be sorry.
BOY NEAR ITEM SHOP
- Hey, are you one of those so-called 'humans?'
MAN NEAR ITEM SHOP
- Did you come to learn from us, like that blacksmith?

Inn

MAN AT TABLE
- Are you going to sleep here? Don't break the bed.

Appraiser/Armory First Floor

MAN IN MIDDLE
- How will our wonderful armor look on humans?
MAN BY STAIRS
- We dwarves are proud of our Great Vault! You can see it just north of here.

Appraiser/Armory Second Floor

MAN
- Why are the kobolds such lackeys of the Empire? They attack us indiscriminately.

Northwest House

UPPER BOY
- I'm going to study hard and be smarter than elves and humans.
LOWER BOY
- I'm going to be strong. Strong enough to beat both elves and humans.
MAN
- We hate the elves and the elves look down on us. It's always been that way. Nobody even remembers the original reason for this hatred.

House Up Stairs

MAN
- According to my research, Runes contain the elemental powers of the world.

East House

MAN
- Apparently an Imperial General named Kwanda is attacking the Village of the Elves. I really couldn't care less. They're always making fun of us anyway.

PANNU YAKUTA CASTLE

SOLDIER #1
- [Before Kwanda]: The troops are defeated! Now we must get Kwanda.
SOLDIER #2
- [Before Kwanda]: Please be careful, Master [HERO].
SOLDIER #3
- [Before Kwanda]: We did it! We did it! What a blow to the Empire.
SOLDIER #4
- [Before Kwanda]: Phew! I guess we won.
SOLDIER #5
- [Before Kwanda]: I was a bit scared.
SOLDIER #6
- [Before Kwanda]: Go! Go! Keep going! Defeat those Imperials!
MAID
- Shall we rest?

GREAT FOREST (KOBOLD)

MAN IN SOUTH
- I am a proud kobold warrior, but for once I must thank you.
MAN IN NORTH
- We kobolds thank you.
WOMAN
- You're not a bad fellow for a human.

TEIEN

SOLDIER
- [Before Milich]: Ahem! This is the town of Lac Virginite. To the south is the village of Premier L'Amour. These wonderful names were created for us by General Milich Oppenheimer, himself, one of the Five Great Imperial Generals.
MAN IN CENTER
- [Before Milich]: Don't say you heard it from me. You know that poisonous fog around Scarleticia Castle? I've heard that there's a fellow who can create a potion that makes that fog harmless.
- [After Milich]: Thank you very much. Peace has returned to this town.
MAN BY SMITHY
- [Before Milich]: South in Rikon, I mean Premier L'Amour, there used to be a famous pharmacist named Liukan. They say there's no medicine that he can't create.
MAN IN BLUE
- [Before Milich]: You're the Liberation Army Leader, right? I knew it. You gotta do something about this town.
- [After Milich]: Good riddance to those Imperials. And all thanks to my request for help, of course.
WOMAN
- [Before Milich]: I hate that name, Lac Virginite. I wish they'd change it back to Teien.
- [After Milich]: Hooray! Good riddance to that ridiculous name. This is TEIEN!

RIKON

MAN NEAR INN
- Are you fellows looking for Liukan, too? Forget it! That fine pharmacist's long retired and living up in the hills.
WOMAN
- We traveled a long way after hearing that a renowned pharmacist lives here. I was hoping he'd have a cure for my sick child, but…
MAN IN SOUTH
- [First time]: That Jabba, he's always saying that he can appraise anything. But I know of one instance, years ago, when he failed.
- [Second time]: I remember now. The thing that Jabba couldn't appraise was an urn. As I recall, it was called the Nameless Urn.

Item Shop

SHOPKEEPER (speak to him from behind the counter)
- An old man named Liukan comes here once a month. To shop.

DRAGONS’ DEN
GUARD
- Beyond this point is the Domain of the Knights of the Dragons' Den, as designated by the Emperor. No one is permitted to enter.

NORTHERN CHECKPOINT
LEFT GUARD
- No one is permitted to travel north beyond this point.
RIGHT GUARD
- The City-State of Jowston is just ahead, but the border is closed to the general public.

ANTEI

MAN NEAR ENTRANCE
- [Before Milich]: You've got to be kidding. This town is called Antei. How dare you change it to some stupid name?
- [After Milich]: But come to think of it, maybe Bier Blance would have been a good name.
FEMALE SOLDIER
- [Before Milich]: Master Milich's Scarleticia Castle is very well defended. As long as he has those poisonous flowers, the place will be untouchable by the Liberation Army.
MAN BY ARMORY
- [Before Milich]: We all got together and marched to the castle to complain about the town's name, but as we neared it… my god!
- [After Milich]: Nowadays Scarleticia Castle is open to the general public.
GIRL
- [Before Milich]: I'll tell you a secret. This is actually Antei. East of here is the town of Teien, and you'll find the village of Rikon due south.
- [After Milich]: Hooray! Hooray! The soldiers are gone!
MAN IN NORTH
- This here urn I got from a Holly's owner. I can't seem to get it appraised anywhere. What a pain in the neck.

Inn First Floor

LOWER LEFT MAN
- [Before Mina]: Mina! Little Mina!
- [After Mina]: Little Mina! Oops, old habits die hard.
UPPER LEFT MAN
- [Before Mina]: Mina's dancing is this town's treasure.
- [After Mina]: This girl's dancing, too, is the town's treasure. Sort of.
OLD MAN
- [Before Mina]: I've seen many a dancer in my long lifetime, but Mina is the best.
- [After Mina]: This girl isn't bad, but Mina's the best.
DANCER
- [After Mina]: La la la. I'm the world's best dancer.

KIROV

OLD WOMAN
- There was a terrible battle up north in Kalekka. I don't even want to remember it.
MAN NEAR ITEM SHOP
- The Empire's control is lax here, so there are a lot of seafaring smugglers.
MAN NEAR ARMORY
- The Liberation Army's Secret Factory? Hmmm… The village of Kalekka is north of here, but it's in ruins now.
WOMAN
- That big house over there belongs to Kun To, the Boss of Kirov.

Inn

MAN
- The Liberation Army's Secret Factory? Hmmm… The village of Kalekka is north of here, but it's in ruins now.

KALEKKA

Tavern

OLD MAN
- What's your business here, young man? Me? I'm the last living resident of this town. This lost town.

WARRIORS’ VILLAGE

MAN BY ITEM SHOP
- It's about time I go to Qlon Temple to pay my respects. Where is it, you ask? Just west of here.
MAN BY INN
- This is the Warriors' Village, and it's famous for the village chief's lengthy speeches.
OLD MAN
- "Even in the forest, not just at night, during your work, praise the king." Those were the last words of the only villager who ever attacked Neclord's Castle and made it back here. Must be some kind of code.
MAN IN NORTHEAST
- [Without Flik]: That Flik. It's been five years since he took off on his coming-of-age journey. Must be some kind of record.
- [With Flik]: Flik! It's been a long time. Five years!
SOLDIERS
- [After Star Dragon Sword]: We are the heroes/We are the heroes/Of the Warriors’ Village/Of the Warrior’s Village/We’ll defeat…/We’ll defeat…/Anyone…/Anything…

Item Shop

WOMAN
- He's always trying to be a big shot, but I happen to know that he's engraved my name on his sword.

Inn

MAN
- [Before beating Neclord]: I'll defeat Neclord! His castle is southwest of here. I'll go get him!
- [After beating Neclord]: I was supposed to get Neclord.

Smithy

MAN
- The sword is the warrior's most prized possession. In this village we have a tradition of engraving the name of our most beloved on the sword.

VILLAGE OF THE HIDDEN RUNE

GIRL
- Are you Windy?
WOMAN
- We can't give you what we’ve been protecting for so many years.
MAN
- Why did you come here, to this Village of the Hidden Rune?

Southeast House

OLD WOMAN
- What are you looking at? That isn't good. This treasure chest is…

NECLORD’S CASTLE

SOLDIERS
- [Before beating Neclord]: The hated… yuk/The hated… yuk/Enemy… yuk/Hunt down… yuk yuk/Onward… yuk yuk yuk/ To victory… yuk/Dear…yuk/Friend… Ra ta ta yuk.
- [After beating Neclord]: At last…yuk/At last… yuk/The enemy…yuk/Is destroyed… yuk yuk yuk/And we sing…yuk/This song…yuk/Of victory… yuk/Ra ta ta, ta ra ta ta, ta ra ta ta. Yuk.

DRAGON KNIGHTS’ FORTRESS

GIRL
- [Before recruiting Futch]: Our dragons, too. If they don't wake up, we may never fly again.
BOY
- [Before recruiting Futch]: I wonder what's wrong with Futch? He's a bit morose since the last time he stood guard.
MAN
- On our master Joshua's arm is the Dragon Rune, one of the 27 True Runes. That's why he never grows old. It is also his curse.
WOMAN
- We, the Knights of the Dragons' Den, have always dealt with the Imperials as equals, and vice versa. But recently their attitude toward us…
MAID
- Soldiers of the Liberation Army, you must all be tired. Would you like to rest?

MORAVIA CASTLE

SOLDIER
- I am this castle's records keeper. What do you want?

FORTRESS OF KWABA
LEFT SOLDIER
- [After Final Battle]: All that remains are a few troops in Gregminster. Good luck to you, Master [HERO].
RIGHT SOLDIER
- [After Final Battle]: By the time we arrived, this fortress was abandoned.
Last edited by wataru14 on Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: [GUIDE] NPC Lines

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

You seem to missing a few lines in Rockland after delivering Varkas and Sydonia to Grady.

The patrons in the inn have different things to say and Kanaan's conversation with the man in the room changes.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:01 pm You seem to missing a few lines in Rockland after delivering Varkas and Sydonia to Grady.

The patrons in the inn have different things to say and Kanaan's conversation with the man in the room changes.
Fixed
TheyCallMeStacy

Post by TheyCallMeStacy »

Very nice! Wonder how many changes will be made in remasters.